Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Better Safe Than Sorry.....

Hello again my readers.  I want to start this writing by thanking each of you for your time in reading what I write in this blog.  I am so very greatful for all the support I have received.  It helps motivate me to want to write more even when I may not really feel like doing so. 

I would like to start by saying that after my last post we lost my aunt. As hard as it was to see her in the condition she was in, I am so thankful that I took the time to be at her bedside just a few hours before we got the call of her passing.  Making the arrangements was so hard, I remember sitting in the same room with her holding her hand while we made her sons funeral arrangements just a few years ago.  This is not something to take lightly or to want to do.  Making arrangements for a funeral is a sad, stressful, and trying time on those involved.  I wish this on no one. 

All the situations that we have had to go thru as of the past few months has made me really dive in and want to get our future plans on such matters taken care of.  My husband and I already own 4 grave plots, and our tombstone is in place.  We will start to work on paying off our opening and closings and the vault soon.  And those things are not cheap.  We will preplan our funeral that way the girls do not have to go thru this when we do pass. 

We went thru all our stuff this past weekend to get rid of items that we do not need, want, use, etc.  Not that I plan on dying anytime soon, I just want to make sure that when we do that our loved ones do not have a lot to have to deal with at that time.  I want my children to just have it easy compared to what I have had to deal with and go thru these past few months. 

We have wills in place in the case of our deaths before our children turn of age.  There are too many times in life that things can happen and I want, no I need to make sure I have things taken care of for my well being as well as theirs.  For example a few years ago when we were told my husband had a heart attack and then a stroke at the age of 40.  That was not a fun time for any of us. 

Now, call all this crazy, I really do not care. I just know what all I have seen, dealt with in the past.  Better to be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment